Pedigree + Growth + Efficiency + Carcass = Opportunity!
Our passion for raising structurally correct, high performing Angus breeding stock compels us to offer to purebred breeders as well as commercial producers an opportunity to improve their herds with the genetics of the BJ Angus herd sires.
When you look at the numbers, it all adds up!
We know that any breeding stock must have certain qualities:
- they must be structurally correct so that their offspring are able to have stability and longevity in the cow herd and the bulls will be able to serve for many years as herd sires.
- they need to perform well in growth and performance and carcass qualitiesto produce a high quality cut of meat for the consumer.
We feel that we are on the right track.
We weigh calves at birth, weaning 205 weights and yearling weights. We scan for Ribeye, marbling and fat so that we have the data you need to help you choose which one of our herd sires will improve your herd.
We also have all of our herd sires and cow herd enrolled in DNA profile by
If you have any questions please call us at 641.482.3113 or email us at email@example.com
Advantages of Using D.N.A. to enhance E.P.D.s
1. Each calf that you D.N.A. to enhance E.P.D.s, will be equal to 16 E.P.D.s from contemparies. Example:
The 10 calves we D.N.A. tested to enhance E.P.D.s from Improver 906, is equal to 160 contemparies.
2. D.N.A. enhanced E.P.D.s are the easiest way to PROVE a young bull.
3. When a commercial or purebred porducer purchases D.N.A. enhanced E.P.D. tested bull or heifer:
a. you have a higher predictability
b. you can select the traits you need to improve your herd and a better chance of getting the results you want.
c. by using an animal with D.N.A. enhanced E.P.D.s will add value to your calf crop. "Dollars- money to your bottom line."
4. The use of D.N.A. enhanced E.P.D.s will give you greater confidence in your breeding program.
We have a closed cow herd. All the cows and the last three calf crops have all been D.N.A. tested to enhance their E.P.D.s. However, not all animals will improve their E.P.D.s by D.N.A. testing. It still comes down to the genetic makeup of the animal, not just performance.